The Inside Job | Focus
“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 3:13-14, NIV
1. We need to be extraordinarily focused on the mission of Christ – just as He was focused on His mission!
2. The world is full of distractions, temptations, and obstacles, but these can’t deter us from answering Christ’s call.
3. Managing to stay focused will open your eyes to the plethora of opportunities there are to share Christ with a world who very much needs Him.
1. Clarify your mission.
2. Make a list of opportunities to seize, distractions to avoid, and temptations to resist.
3. Don’t listen to the negativity – just get up, get focused, and do the mission!
1. What is Jesus’ call in your life?
2. How can the Bible help you to clarify and bring your mission into focus today?
3. Why is focusing on the mission important? What is the end result of answering Christ’s call and doing the mission?