Honor and Please the Lord | The Satellite Prayer
“…We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience”
- Colossians 1:9-11, NIV
1. There are two principal reasons for honoring God: who He is and what He’s done.
2. God’s character is the very essence of love, and this love demonstrates His supremacy and greatness.
3. Apart from the love of God manifesting in the person and action of Christ, all mankind remains lost in sin, unable to save or be saved from the wages of sin.
1. Pray and ask God to forgive you of your sins and to guide you.
2. Listen for God’s wisdom and instruction.
3. Obey and go!
1. How did Jesus honor God?
2. In what way did the Apostles understand who Jesus was and how did this impact the way in which the Apostles sought to honor and please God?
3. What changes can be made in your life to honor and please God?