Open Your Eyes | That's Not Me
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” - Romans 5:8, NIV
1. Your gifts and/or guilt do not define who you are.
2. If you don’t deal with your guilt you stay focused on it, and this keeps you from moving on.
3. You can’t be held back by your guilt because Christ has offered salvation - accept His mercy and forgiveness.
4. You can’t let your gifts become a stumbling stone in your Christian walk. You have a calling far beyond your current gifts or situation: to share the good news that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. Identify your gifts and see them for what they are.
2. Give your gifts back to God.
3. Deal with your guilt by learning, forgiving, and moving on.
4. What needs to change in your thinking, saying, and doing?
1. What are your gifts? How can these gifts be put to work for the good of the Kingdom?
2. Are you still struggling with guilt? What does Scripture have to say about guilt for the Christian?
3. If you are not your gifts or your guilt, who or what are you? What did Jesus and the Apostles say about who you should be?
4. After working through these questions, do you see a clear way for your conclusions to impact your group(s)? For group leaders: how do these insights impact the way you will lead your group by utilizing the gifts you do have?