Open Your Eyes | Four Kinds of Thirst
“...God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”
John 4:24-26, NIV
1. Integrity is alignment between thinking, saying, and doing.
2. The most dangerous mistake is the one you keep making and haven’t learned from.
3. God has a great gift for you - trust in Him and you will find fulfillment, passion, peace, and security.
4. No matter what pleasure you are seeking it’s temporary, but God has supplied everlasting fulfillment in Jesus Christ.
1. Does my view of God look like Jesus?
2. Where do I look for fulfillment, passion, peace, and security?
3. What mistakes do I keep making? What have I learned?
4. What changes do I need to make to how I think, what I say, and/or what I do?
1. In what way can our mistakes inform our current walk with Christ? How can this insight impact the way your group handles mistakes?
2. Should we allow the possibility of failure to hinder our active work in the Kingdom?
3. How can Christians achieve integrity? In what way can you maintain integrity in your group?
4. What does Scripture have to say about Christian integrity? In what way does this apply to leaders within the Church?
5. How can we decipher what pleasures we are looking for and in what way can we shift the focus from the fleshy temporary pleasures to the spiritual everlasting ones found in Christ?