Open Your Eyes | The Harvest Mentality
“...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”
-Luke 12:48, NIV
1. We have been blessed with an incredible gift and this means that we are also blessed with incredible responsibility.
2. This responsibility is to go and share the Gospel, working the fields and harvesting what others before us have planted.
3. We need to remember the 7 Principles of Harvest Mentality: God created the ecosystem, every seed is full of potential, the soil must be plowed, the systems must be organized, the seasons must be understood, the harvest will not gather itself, and, finally, that joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!
4. We should view the Church as a farm and not a factory because we plant, water, and harvest seeds.
1. See the harvest.
2. Pray for workers.
3. Do your part.
1. How can you get perspective on the ripe field in front of you? What can you do today to start harvesting?
2. Is everyone called to do the same work on the farm? What does Scripture say about the individual’s place in the work of the Kingdom?
3. Why do we as Christians plant, water, and harvest seeds? What should our intent be in performing these tasks?