Peace On Earth | Chasing the Fairy Tale
“Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?”
- Romans 6:16, NIV
1. In the world, as a Christian, you will inevitably face some form of conflict, the key is how you respond.
2. A Christian response centers first and foremost on communing with God and then expressing Christ’s love and mission genuinely.
3. Obedience to Christ means being unwilling to write-off His divine Law and Truth simply to avoid offense or conflict; the Gospel is direct and clear.
4. This kind of obedience will always result in blessings, but this does not mean that there will never be trials or tribulations; the Gospel makes it clear that trials and tribulations will always be a part of fulfilling the Christian mission (just as such were a part of Christ fulfilling His mission).
1. Communicate daily with God - at the very least!
2. Stop chasing the fairy tale concept of what the Christian mission is and, instead, get out there and engage the lost!
3. Go in obedient faith!
1. What is the Gospel message? How do you express it to a non-believer?
2. How can you get active in the adventure of the Christian mission right now?
3. What does a loving Christlike response to conflict look like? What can the Bible, not just the New Testament, tell you about such a response?