Open Your Eyes | What Would Jesus See?
“Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." - John 4:35, NIV
1. God sees things differently than us, so we as Christ-followers with integrity need to be focused on trying to see in God’s way.
2. Effective disciples of Jesus don’t just stop at trying to discern God’s will but put this insight into action to bring others to know Him.
3. All of this requires transformational obedience on the part of the Christian; we should be ready to lay everything down out of love for Christ and others so that others come to follow Christ.
1. Start every day this week by asking God to help you to see what He sees.
2. Ask yourself: “How should what I see affect what I think, say, and/or do?”
1. How can we come to know God’s plan, how can we be sure of it, and how does this apply to your group?
2. What does Christlike action look like in the modern context - is there some way to leverage our circumstances to be more effective in action?
3. What is transformational obedience to Jesus and how can we be sure we are living it?
4. In what ways can you lead your group to become more obedient, active, and effective Christ-followers?
If you have any questions please contact the Groups Director Mike Hoar: