Peace On Earth | Caught in the Middle
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13, NIV
1. We are caught between two strong desires: being loved just as we are and growing and becoming better.
2. Christians should recognize this circumstance and reach others with the Gospel by loving them where they are while also helping them to take a step towards growing in Christ.
3. Faithfully fulfilling the call to love others with the Gospel also brings satisfaction and love into our own lives while also presenting opportunities for us to take next steps as well.
1. Pray and ask God to help you deal with your own inner turmoil.
2. Ask how you can help others to deal with theirs.
3. Listen for the Spirit’s guidance.
4. Obey and go!
1. What does Scripture say about dealing with hardship? Is there any difference between hardship for a non-believer and a believer?
2. What does Christ’s commandment to “love each other as I have loved you” mean? How can Christians follow this command?
3. What are some next steps that you can be taking today? How do those next steps factor into your fulfilling the commitment to share the Gospel with others?