The Inside Job | Timing
“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”
- James 3:13, NIV
1. God’s will equals God’s plan plus God’s timing.
2. We don’t have any control over God’s timing, but, though it may not be immediately clear, each of us has an important role to play.
3. We have to develop skills, character, and wisdom in order to play our role in God’s timing.
1. Ask yourself: “where do I need to develop skills, character, and/or wisdom?”
2. Ask God: “Do you want me to do more, less, and/or wait?”
3. Be faithful in your development and abide by His response, being ready to play your role when His timing calls on you to do so!
1. How can you develop Christlike skills, character, and/or wisdom?
2. How can you determine what doing more, less, or waiting looks like in your life?
3. What does Scripture say about God’s timing? What can we learn from Jesus’ example?