The Inside Job | Courage
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7, NIV
1. We need to know what we are actually afraid of in order to courageously confront it.
2. We don’t need to remain without courage – God has given us the power to be courageous.
3. This courage is based on love and self-discipline – just as Christ showed the ultimate courage in His boundless love and unparalleled self-discipline by freely laying down His life for ours.
1. Ask yourself what it is which you are afraid of.
2. Pray to God for the strengthen to have the courage to overcome it.
3. Listen for God’s direction and obey with confidence and power in Him.
1. What is the current situation in your life where courage is required?
2. How does that situation relate to your following Jesus?
3. What does the Bible say about courageous action? How can you act courageously to overcome that situation and pursue the work of Christ?