God Is My Help | Glory to God
“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, NIV
1. We live with the awareness that our lives are unfolding between both the temporary and the eternal.
2. We must continue to look towards God and seek after the spiritual things and not be so concerned with the fleshly things.
3. Suffering will assuredly come in some form, but God uses all things for His good plan.
1. When suffering comes, ask: “what am I supposed to do with this?”
2. Pray to God for clarity on how your temporary situation might be utilized for His Kingdom.
3. Obey and Go!
1. What does the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus tell us about the nature of suffering?
2. How do the Apostles’ lives and writings give comfort and guidance on how to deal with and utilize temporary circumstances?
3. Are there any circumstances or any suffering you can approach with a more spiritual eye? If so, how can you use the situation for Christ’s work?