God is My Help | Rebranding Anger
““In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.”
- Ephesians 4:26-27, NIV
1. When we become angry, we can be sure that something is requiring a change.
2. We need to be preemptive in making adjustments so that our anger is managed effectively.
3. We can use the opportunity to make changes for a more Christ-centered and ministry focused life.
1. Ask yourself: “What am I angry about?”
2. Ask yourself: “What change can I make and what’s my next step?”
3. Turn to God in prayer and ask Him to help you in dealing with your anger and in determining your next steps; obey and Go!
1. What does Jesus’ own experience of anger tell us about how anger should be handled?
2. What does Scripture say about the nature of anger, the source of anger, and what to do with anger?
3. How can you transform your life preemptively to turn your anger from a negative into a move towards the positive? Do the Apostles’ own examples provide any context for this?