The Master's Plan | Worship
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
- Colossians 3:17, NIV
1. We are not the musicians, but we are the instruments through which God works for the good of all people and things.
2. While music may sometimes divide, worship is about unity and community in the Body of Christ.
3. These, taken together, lead to the conclusion that we are to seek after Him - doing all things as instruments of His will in order that others may come to enjoy the same unified relationship of love with Christ which we all currently enjoy!
1. Examine your current lifestyle: are you do everything in the name of Christ or are you living with one foot in each world?
2. Pray and ask God to show you how to better engage in His work in your life.
3. Obey and go!
1. What can be inferred from the example of Christ and the Apostles about what it means to represent God in everything one does?
2. How do the Old Testament examples of worship apply to our modern lives and the contemporary Church? What does this mean for the way in which we live out the Gospel?
3. What does it mean to be in unity as the Body of Christ? How can one be sure one is living effectively as a fully functioning member of the Body of Christ?