Alive | 9.8.19
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- Galatians 2:20, NIV
1. Fear and shame can keep people from living.
2. True relief from fear and shame only comes through Jesus Christ.
3. Your fear, failure, shame – things that make-up your burden – have all been paid for by Christ on the Cross.
4. These things no longer define you; what defines you is how you respond to Jesus’ love and sacrifice.
1. Study Scripture concerning Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection and examine how the Apostles acted before and after.
2. Pray for clarity and empowerment to share fearlessly the Gospel.
3. Obey and go!
1. After studying the Scripture, what precisely can be learned from the Apostles’ actions and behavior before and after Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection? How can that be applied to your life today, and to what end?
2. When Christ says Christians must “take up their cross and follow Me,” what exactly does He mean? Are you taking up your cross and following Jesus?
3. What does the Scripture, both Old and New Testament, have to say more broadly about fear, shame, and following God?
4. What does it mean to die and be reborn in Christ?